Writing your summer bucket list? Need some ideas?
How about 101….
I know, I know… you can find a bunch of lists like this on Pinterest, but I think you can never have enough ideas. Amirite? ;) Hopefully these ideas will get you started with your own list.
I have tried to make it apply to most people, i.e. not specific to living in a certain region, and not too expensive. Because having fun doesn’t have to cost money! For ease, I have divided the list into categories: outside, inside, food, and kids (any of these ideas can be for kids, but these are especially kid friendly).
O U T S I D E
1. Have a hula hoop contest.
2. Dance in the rain.
3. Watch a movie outside.
4. Roast Starburst candies over a campfire.
5. Go on a family bike ride.
6. Grow a garden.
7. Have a weed picking contest, bonus points if you weed a neighbor’s yard!
8. Hike a new trail.
9. Try geo-caching.
10. Have a frozen t-shirt race. (lots more fun summer ideas included in that link!)
11. Set up a backyard obstacle course.
12. Pick wild flowers.
13. Make wild flower chains and crowns.
14. Try planking.
15. Have a planking photographic scavenger hunt.
16. Photograph a sunset.
17. Go on a bug hunt.
18. Visit a new park.
19. Go cloud gazing.
20. Driveway bike and car wash.
21. Climb a tree.
22. Go bird watching. Learn the birds in your area.
23. Visit a local u-pick farm.
24. Drive to a place you have never been before.
25. Have a flour fight.
26. Go fishing.
27. Fly a kite.
28. Skip rocks.
29. Play catch.
30. Go garage sale-ing.
31. Have a yard sale.
32. Watch a sunrise.
33. Go to a Farmer’s market.
34. Play lawn twister.
35. Set up your own frisbee golf course.
36. Make a water balloon target course.
37. Draw sidewalk chalk scenes and take pictures of you inside your “scene.”
38. Make your own KOOB.
39. Make an herb fire starter.
40. Run through the sprinklers.
41. Go swimming.
42. Go to an outdoor music concert.
43. Go to a parade.
I N S I D E
44. Have a bubble gum blowing contest.
45. Read a new book.
46. Have a paper bag fashion show.
47. Have a read-a-thon.
48. Dress in character to go see a new movie in the theater.
49. See a midnight movie.
50. Have a shadow puppet show.
51. Visit a pet shop.
52. Learn a new line dance on YouTube.
53. Have a themed movie marathon.
54. Make your own movie.
55. Visit a museum.
56. Get a bunch of change and go on donating spree, putting coins in as many donation boxes you can find.
57. Have a paper airplane race.
58. Make DIY Hawaiian leis out of straw and paper.
59. Make your own graphic tee.
60. Have a board game marathon.
61. Have an un-birthday party.
62. Have a dinner making dance party.
63. Put a puzzle together.
64. Send a letter to a random address.
65. Make a time capsule.
66. Go to the library.
67. Paint a self portrait.
68. Memorize a poem or a joke.
69. Try to break a world record!
F O O D
70. Make smoothie popsicles
71. Have a picnic on a stick (kebab sandwiches, veggies, and fruit).
72. Make a new kind of lemonade.
73. Eat a “fancy” dinner al fresco.
74. Try a new cookie recipe.
75. Make Jello fizzy drinks.
76. Have a luau themed dinner.
77. Try a new restaurant.
78. Get a treat from an ice cream truck.
79. Make homemade ice cream sandwiches.
80. Make frozen hot chocolate.
81. Try a new food.
82. Drink Slurpees.
83. Have a movie night popcorn bar.
84. Make S’more floats.
85. Make homemade freezer jam.
86. Pickle something.
87. Eat frozen grapes.
88. Make fruit filled ice cubes.
89. Make mint water.
90. Cook corn on the grill.
91. Have a snow cone.
92. Make kiwi short cake.
K I D S
93. Make homemade play dough.
94. Color a giant coloring sheet.
95. Have a lego tower building contest.
96. Put on a magic show.
97. Make puppets.
98. Make glow dough.
99. Make bouncing bubbles.
100. Build an air fort with a blanket and a box fan.
101. Build a reading fort.