Two of my many :) favorite desserts are Strawberry Shortcake and P'zookies.
I'm not really sure why, but the other day, I thought it would be fun to mix those two desserts together to see how it would taste.
Verdict? Delicious, of course. :)
I didn't use chocolate chip cookie dough because that actually sounds semi-gross to me. Instead I ran with the cake component and used yellow cake mix to make a cake mix sugar cookie dough. Which made it all even simpler!
Here's the quick, easy recipe:
Strawberry Shortcake P'zookies
1 box of yellow cake mix
1/2 cup of oil
1 quart of high quality strawberry ice cream (I like Breyers)
Optional: fresh, diced strawberries
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix together cake mix, eggs, and oil.
3. Press about 1/2 inch to 1 inch of the dough into the bottom of a ramekin...or two or three. ;)
4. Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes. You decide how "done" you want it. I like it on the raw side, but crispy is delicious as well.
5. Pull the ramekins out the oven and let them cool for a couple of minutes. Set your ice cream out to thaw a little as well.
6. Top of the warm cookie dough with a large scoop of strawberry ice cream and some fresh diced strawberries.
7. Eat immediately. Enjoy!
*Tip: Store leftover dough in an airtight container in the fridge for up to about three days. When you want to make another P'zookie, simply pull out the dough, press into a ramekin, bake, and enjoy!
And my boys were melting into impatience even faster. They kept asking, can I eat it now!?
Happy Summer Eats!