Thanksgiving Decorations

I posted yesterday about being eager to remove all traces of Halloween the night of the 31. Well…I replaced them with some pared down simple Thanksgiving decorations that will be a nice breather of space and non-clutter until we stuff our house full of Christmas in just a few weeks! Ah! Did November {which is really a fast track to December to me} creep up on any of you too? I think that is why I was so over Halloween before it was actually over.

I made some acorn art not too unlike the Becky Higgins Pumpkin 3D art I made for Halloween. I used the same frame and just put in another insert with the new art.

I took framing picture mat scraps and hot glued them together. **Some framing shops sell scrap packs for cheap. I got my pack years ago for $2.00 and I still have tons of full mats and scraps. So check your local professional framing shop if you are interested.

Then I hot glued the acorns on. You can measure them out if you want…probably a good idea. :) But..I didn’t. The acorns vary in shape and size so I found eyeballing it worked fine…but also was probably the reason for what I am about to show you…

As you can see…

…if you look too closely you can see gobs of glue. Whoops…but only if you look too closely. :) Scoot back already! :) Shoo!

Tip: If you freshly picked these acorns right before making this craft, expect the nut portion to lose moisture and contract a little causing it to fall out of its little hat. It is simple to just hot glue it back in.

If you are wanting more acorn crafts. Dana just posted about them today too! Go here to check it out.  She said to bake them before using them because of the grubs some of you mentioned will crawl out. I didn’t have that problem but it might be better to just bake them anyway. I will next time! :)

I added some Indian corn and leftover acorns to my glass vases.

I removed all the little orange pumpkins around my house and lined them up on my ghetto stove to remind me to bake them up for Thanksgiving treats.

I also put my bean MADE wreath back up. Sigh. I love that thing. My mirror is now painted white so it looks even fresher. This picture is from this post here about another type of wreath I did in the Spring.

And that is it! I think the only decoration additions I will be able to stand for the rest of the month is kid crafts hanging from the art line in our kitchen.  :)

Happy Thanksgiving…decorating! :)

Comments

Hey! Very cute and easy decorating tips!! I might try the acorns!! I couldnt help notice the cute picture of your baby on that canvas. I was wondering how you got it to look faded? I love the look of it!!

I’ve been planning for Christmas and Thanksgiving for weeks. :) I love this time of year! It’s the only thing that helps me make it through the snow. But I never really get a relaxing month because I’m a procrastinator, even though I’m a planner.

I love your decorations! They are always so classy and simple. I’m sure you already know about this, but little grubs can come out of the acorns, so watch for that. :)

The Hills, look under distressed canvases under her labels.

I LOVE your blog. It’s always informative and you have such fun ideas! The layout is perfect.

I always scramble when it comes to Christmas. But this year it’s worse – I’m 8 months pregnant.
    So between Thanksgiving Preparation, Christmas Shopping and pregnancy brain – it’ll be crazy + entertaining!

i think the page is too wide, i like to be able to scan, not move my head back and forth. obviously, my opinion.
    my big plan is to make items from recycled sweaters. note the word “plan”. i’m hoping it will happen!

thanks for the thanksgiving decor ideas! I need thanksgiving decor ideas so badly before we can even get to christmas ideas so this was really helpful:)
    gina

Delia! Love the decorations. I wish, wish, wish I had the time to decorate for the different holidays, but with teaching full time, raising a baby girl, and being a pastor’s wife…I can’t fit it all in! But that’s why I have your blog! I can look and pretend my house is filled with this lovely stuff.

We do decorate for Christmas, and for our birthdays, but that’s about it! We like to decorate ourselves in pretty hair things and clothes, instead.

Hey Delia!
    Once again, beautiful stuff! I do have my entire Thanksgiving menu planned and *almost* shopped for. Colin loves Thanksgiving so we aren't allowed to start thinking about Christmas until December 1st! Little does he know, I already have all of the Christmas gifts thought about and new decorations on the brain!

LOVE the acorn art! It would work really well around here–my girls and I have discovered that we seem to have a ton of different kinds of oak trees around here, because after every nature walk, we uncover different acorns.

I’m linking this tutorial to an acorn craft round-up over at Crafting a Green World.

Someone essentially assist to make severely posts I’d state.
    This is the first time I frequented your web page and thus far?
    I amazed with the analysis you made to make this actual put up amazing.

Great activity!

Remember, at some point, they are going to ride without you.
    Parents of youth riders who permit them to ride without a safety certificate will also be cited.
    Extreme Motor Sales has ATV’s from 50cc – 110cc for youth ATVs.

Hey There. I discovered your weblog using msn. That is a really well written article.
    I’ll make sure to bookmark it and come back to read extra of your useful information.
    Thanks for the post. I will definitely return.

all the time i used to read smaller articles or reviews that also clear their motive, and that is also
    happening with this article which I am reading at this place.

I blog frequently and I genuinely thank you for
    your content. Your article hass truly peaed my interest. I will take a note oof your blog and keep checking for neew information about onfe
    per week. I opted in ffor your Feed as well.

Can I simply just say what a comfort to uncover someone who really knows
    what they are talking about over the internet.
    You definitely realize how to bring a problem to light and make
    it important. More people really need to look
    at this and understand this side of your story.

It’s surprising you are not more popular given that you certainly have the gift.

Review my webpage: telecharger photofiltre 7 (Kathleen)

Hi there this is kinda of off topic but I was
    wanting to know if blogs use WYSIWYG editors or if you
    have to manually code with HTML. I’m starting a blog soon but have no
    coding know-how so I wanted to get guidance from someone with experience.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!