I interrupt my string of late Christmas posts for my annual year in review post. Well, now it's annual, since it's the second year I'm doing it :)
It has been a growing year for me.
My family grew from four to five with the birth of our first daughter, Natalie. She's our little ball of energy.
I threw myself into Project Run & Play and pushed my sewing skills further than I could have ever imagined.
I finally got a smart phone and joined instagram. Seriously, how did I ever survive without instagram before now?? :) I'm @deliacreates if you want to say hi.
And I look forward to a whole lot more growing in 2013. I've got lots of good changes in the works already, and plans to get this blog a bit more organized.
But now, here's a look back at 12 highlights from 2012, in chronological order...
Nesting series while I was pregnant, full of great baby tutorials from some of my favorite friends. I also threw an ocean themed birthday party for my squid obsessed seven year old.
2.. (But number one in ranking)... was the birth of my beautiful babe, Natalie.
3. I hosted a little photography series from a self taught perspective:
4. Kojodesigns and I hosted Color Your Summer II!
5. I enjoyed learning how to sew for Natalie. She grew out of this Bubble Top waaaay too fast!
6. The redecorating bug bit me hard, so I turned our apartment upside down trying to make the most of our small space and white walls. In the process I made some DIY art. This hymn on the wall is my favorite piece. There is a free download if you're interested!
this mobile for Natalie's room was lots of fun.
7. By September, Project Run & Play season 5 was in full swing. Some of my most favorite looks are:
Pretty in Peach...confession time. This look was actually... personally, my least favorite outfit (and it won- what!?). The photo shoot was my favorite though, so it still makes the list. :)
fourth look I made for Reid makes the list because it was a big turning point for me sewing wise. I had never made pants or a jacket to this caliber before. This challenge represented a big growth spurt for me. I cherish that jacket almost as much as Reid does (it is the only jacket he likes to wear now!).
10. I made my boys into little Ninjagoes for Halloween. :)
soup series in November, including gorgeous photography and yummy recipes from some of my favorite bloggers.
Noodlehead's recipe post. Yum.
Ginger Bird Houses.
I've over posted about the suits I made for my boys. So, I'll highlight the pea coats I made instead, which I love too!
Phew! What a year it's been!
I honestly, can't wait for 2013!
Thank you for reading my blog and sharing my joy in creating from week to week.
I wish you all a very happy new year!