Happy New Years Eve!
I interrupt my string of late Christmas posts for my annual year in review post. Well, now it’s annual, since it’s the second year I’m doing it 🙂
It has been a growing year for me.
My family grew from four to five with the birth of our first daughter, Natalie. She’s our little ball of energy.
I threw myself into Project Run & Play and pushed my sewing skills further than I could have ever imagined.
I finally got a smart phone and joined instagram. Seriously, how did I ever survive without instagram before now?? 🙂 I’m @deliacreates if you want to say hi.
And I look forward to a whole lot more growing in 2013. I’ve got lots of good changes in the works already, and plans to get this blog a bit more organized.
But now, here’s a look back at 12 highlights from 2012, in chronological order…
2.. (But number one in ranking)… was the birth of my beautiful babe, Natalie.
Isn’t she perfect? I still tear up when I see this picture.
3. I hosted a little photography series from a self taught perspective:
This is a very small peek at all the great posts from that series (my favorite series ever!).
5. I enjoyed learning how to sew for Natalie. She grew out of this Bubble Top waaaay too fast!
6. The redecorating bug bit me hard, so I turned our apartment upside down trying to make the most of our small space and white walls. In the process I made some DIY art. This hymn on the wall is my favorite piece. There is a free download if you’re interested!
And this mobile for Natalie’s room was lots of fun.
7. By September, Project Run & Play season 5 was in full swing. Some of my most favorite looks are:
8. Pretty in Peach…confession time. This look was actually… personally, my least favorite outfit (and it won- what!?). The photo shoot was my favorite though, so it still makes the list. 🙂
9. I was fortunate enough to make it to the finale of Project Run & Play, and I loved the last two looks I created, but this fourth look I made for Reid makes the list because it was a big turning point for me sewing wise. I had never made pants or a jacket to this caliber before. This challenge represented a big growth spurt for me. I cherish that jacket almost as much as Reid does (it is the only jacket he likes to wear now!).
10. I made my boys into little Ninjagoes for Halloween. 🙂
11. I hosted a soup series in November, including gorgeous photography and yummy recipes from some of my favorite bloggers.
This beautiful photo is from Noodlehead‘s recipe post. Yum.
12. The year ended with lots of Christmas fun. My boys’ favorite project being these Ginger Bird Houses.
Phew! What a year it’s been!
I honestly, can’t wait for 2013!
Thank you for reading my blog and sharing my joy in creating from week to week.
I wish you all a very happy new year!