I’ve already sung praises for Made By Rae’s Geranium Dress pattern,
but let me say it again. I love this pattern!
I love it so much that instead of making just one dress, I made a whole bouquet!
If I were to play favorites, this one would be it.
I had just barely enough of this star fabric left over from when I made Reid’s cargo pants to make an outer bodice. I adore this fabric. I might have to recreate it on white cotton with a fabric sharpie!
Again, I love how nicely the pattern has you make the garment from the inside out.
I used a 12-18 month bodice for all the dresses (except for the white linen dress). It is a little big but still fits well enough to wear now and grow into later. The bodice fits for this pattern are really spot on.
I pleated the skirt of the dress for this one. It took more time but the result is well worth it.
Bodice: Unknown vintage star fabric I got from my Mom’s stash.
Lining: White linen from Jo-Ann Fabrics
Skirt: Yellow Linen from Jo-Ann Fabrics
The leggings were made using Go To Patterns leggings pattern which I love too! It’s not what you think, if you think “Who needs a pattern for something simple like leggings?” She includes rise to the pants and teaches you how to finish the waistband for a professional look. It’s a great pattern to have and extends from 12 months to 12 years!
Watch out. This girl is too cute. :)
For the next Geranium dress, I chose the flutter sleeve option and a gathered skirt. I made the flutter sleeve a little bit wider so I could hem the edge. Umm…that was taking forever! So I gave up and just finished the edge as the pattern directed.
Gray Polka Dot Fabric from my sponsor Lily Bella. Go HERE for the listing. It’s such a pretty color with the perfect sized dots.
I am kind of a sucker for yellow if you can’t tell.
I paired some yellow linen with this darling blue chick fabric. I only had enough fabric for one pocket but I actually quite like how it looks with just one pocket. The asymmetry brings nice interest to the dress.
Bodice and pocket: Yellow linen from Jo-Ann Fabrics
Skirt: Tipu Bird in Schooner from my sponsor Lily Bella (I have enough left for a romper too. Isn’t it darling?!) Go HERE for the listing from Lily Bella.
To top this off…literally. I made a tunic top as well.
I made it using scraps, so the grain was off. I was really nervous it would turn out horrible because of that but it actually turned out okay! The drape of the skirt isn’t perfect but I’m still happy with it.
Bodice: A fat quarter from Sarah Jane’s Out to Sea fabric line. Just be mindful that the grain goes against the lines with this print so it makes the lines vertical instead of horizontal. I really wanted them horizontal so I took a risk by cutting them against the grain and it worked out alright.
Skirt: Emerald/Kelly green Kona cotton from Hobby Lobby (actually a scrap from my Easy Mommy Skirt)
In addition to the Easter Geranium dress I made, that makes five total Geraniums. But wait….I mentioned five more Geraniums in addition to the Easter dress. I promise I can do math. ;)
The sixth one twirled its way all the way to Oregon for a special little girl. I get to share that with you tomorrow!
Wahoo! So excited. Have a good one!