Hi there! Jess the Sewing Rabbit here, from the Me Sew Crazy blog. I was so thrilled when Delia asked me to be a part of Color Your Summer, I have admired this Series from afar for the past 2 Summers and it is absolutely one of my faves.
I got the Color BLUE, woot woot! Blue is actually one of my favorite colors, as it happens to be the color of all of my kids eyes…
For Color Your Summer I wanted to make something fun, a craft that my kids could help with.
With all of the fun they are having in the water lately, I kept thinking about boats. And after one day of yard work…
My craft was born.
How to make a Twig Boat.
- Unpeel the covering of the Phoomph and place 1 Charm Fabric Square on the sticky side. Repeat for other Charm Fabric Square on the other sticky side of your Phoomph, directly underneath.
- Cut Phoomph to size.
- Using your metal wire or strong thread, start weaving around the ends of your twigs, going around and around each twig to secure them together.
- Repeat until you have your desired boat width.
- Repeat this weaving process in the middle of the boat, this will help really secure the twigs together and help it to become less ‘floppy’.
- In the middle of the boat, place a longer twig directly in between 2 of your twigs, sticking up. Secure around the top and bottom with your wire.
- Loop one more wire weaving around the very end of your twigs. You will now have 3 rows of wire across the entire width of your bottom, the top, middle, and bottom.
- Using your scissors or a hole puncher, punch 2 holes in the top and bottom center of your Fabric Square.
- Push the Fabric Square holes through the twig that stands up in the middle, and you are done!
We’d love to see you hop on over to The Sewing Rabbit sometime to see what the team is up to. With 2 – 3 new sewing tutorials per week, there is always something fresh and fun to see.
Thanks so much for Coloring Your Blue Summer with me!