Hi Ucreate fans! I am super excited to be here for the Summer Fat Quarter Series.
– Cut five by five inch squares from each corner. To make sure things stay nice and even, do it while your fat quarters are still stacked together. For a reversible tote, keep cuts the same. If you only plan on having one side be the outer piece, go ahead and cut the liner piece slightly smaller. 5 1/8 x 5 1/8 inch corner squares should do fine.
– Oh and hang on to those 5×5 squares! I am sharing three simple projects using them on my blog today. Go HERE to check them out.
PREPARE CUT OUT HANDLES
– Go HERE to download my fabric handle pattern. Print and cut it out…or you can trace it from your computer screen. 😉
– Grab your scraps of fabric, I used non-matching pieces but it creates a cleaner look if you can match it to your fat quarters. Center them at the short ends of your fat quarters. Pin in place.
– Center the fabric handle pattern piece about 2.5 inches down from the top. Trace.
– Sew on the traced line.
– Snip in the middle of the handle, then cut the inside of the handle out.
– Clip the curves without cutting through the stitches, push it through the hole and press with an iron.
-Top stitch around the handle opening.
*You won’t see top-stitching on the handles here because it was a change I added later.
FORM THE BASKETS