It’s that time of year again.
Last week, I had two out of three children sick. Reid wasn’t sick but he didn’t have preschool until the afternoon, so he was reaping the TV benefits of having two sick siblings (wouldn’t you?).
When one gets sick it seems all or most of the rest of us get sick too.
The baby gets sick most often and spreads it most easily.
How can you not cuddle that face even when she is blowing snot all over your shoulder and hair? You can’t I tell you. Even Owen can’t resist her baby charms.
She has also become very mobile.
So, naturally she touches EVERYTHING. And the dirtier it is, the more interesting it is to her. Getting into the trash is her favorite past time. Ugh.
There’s no doubt, she is busy girl. So I have to work to keep her surroundings as clean as practical.
I don’t want her to live in a bubble, but with all the illness going around, especially the flu, I do try to minimize the germs and the mess.
So, Clorox Disinfecting Wipes are super handy to have around.
There are also a few rules we abide by to help keep all of our family healthy. It’s all the usual stuff. You know…
– Coughing into our elbows. We’ve nicknamed it the germ catcher, which seems to help my kids understand why they need to do it. If they understand why they need to do it, they seem to remember to do it.
– Wash hands, wash hands, wash hands. We wash when we come home from being out and about, we wash before eating, and at the other obvious times of the day. Sometimes I drive my family nuts with how much I remind them to do this, but I am positive it is a key factor in helping us stay healthy.
-Disinfect high traffic areas at least once a week. If we have been sick I do this a little more frequently. I hit all the usual places: light switches, door knobs, the fridge handle, computer mice, keyboards (just the surface of the keys), and TV remotes. I also swab our phones with alcohol pads.
– I use Clorox Clean-Up to disinfect kitchen counters, especially after handling meat products, to prevent food borne illnesses.
*Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post but I do really use these exact products. In fact, I pulled these from my cupboards to take these pictures.
You can visit Clorox.com to learn about the importance of disinfecting and for other tips on how to keep you and your family happy and healthy. *Use as directed.
Now, are you ready to enter a giveaway for $1000 Visa gift card?!
Simply answer this question:
Which are your favorite Clorox cleaning products that help keep you and your family healthy?
You also need to follow the giveaway rules below.
Good luck and stay healthy!
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
- a. Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
- b. Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
- c. Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
- d. For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older. Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. You have 72 hours to get back to me, otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 1/24-2/28
Be sure to visit the sponsor’s brand page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ reviews and find more chances to win!