When designing my business cards, I knew I wanted to make them useful beyond just the information printed on the front. As my name implies, I create and I want to help you create too!
So, this post is going to show you how to make cute little one inch pom poms using one of my business cards!
Make one or twenty! My card is designed to keep it’s shape under crafting pressure.
You can go HERE to read more about them, where I got them printed, and for more projects using them!
And now, how to make pom poms.
Most of my business cards look like this…
If you grab the tan-gram one, simply cut a line to the middle of the card instead of cutting up the tan-gram pieces, and proceed…
1. Cut a slit into the card with craft scissors.
2. Cut a piece of yarn and slide it into the slit.
3. Wrap yarn around the end of the card over the cut slit until the yarn is about 1/2 inch tall or more on one side of the card.
4. Take the piece of string you slid into the slit earlier and very tightly cinch it and double knot it around the bundle of yarn.
5. Slide the bundle of yarn off the card, turn it over and double knot it again.
6. Cut all the loops all the way around, leaving the tails (longer ties) uncut.
7. Trim the pom pom all around to even it out.
That’s how you make a 1.5-2 inch shaggy pom pom. If you want it to be a 1 inch dense pom pom, keep trimming…
…until you get something like this.
Cute right? They make great pom flowers, embellishments for presents, garlands, kid crafting supplies…the possibilities are vast.
There’s lots to love about little poms. 🙂 Yes?
So, that’s how you make cute little pom poms using my business card!
For more project ideas, go HERE.