This post is created in partnership with Silhouette. It also contains affiliate links.
I have this thing with little houses, especially around the holidays.
They come in two sizes…The small one can be made with one sheet of 12 x 12 inch paper, and the other one needs two sheets. So easy and inexpensive!
I use solid papers that are fun to decorate…let your kids go to town with it! Or you can use a patterned paper to make them more festive.
I left the windows open so you can see the tissue paper inside, but you could easily glue some card stock over the windows. Maybe even add a little scene or a wreath!
- 12 x 12 inch card stock
- Glue (I prefer hot glue)
- Tape (washi or clear)
- Ribbon and/or string
- Little House Cut Files
*Cut File Notes: Includes 2 .svg files for large house and 1 .svg file for the small house. You need Designer Edition of Silhouette Studio to use these files.
- Cut out your houses with your Silhouette Cameo.
- Using the perforated lines, fold the house in place and glue or tape it together at the tabs.
- Cover the windows if desired. Add tissue paper, etc.
- Tie the smaller pointed tops of the house together with a small piece of string.
- Thread string or ribbon through the sides by the roof and tie the box closed. Taping the top adds extra security. You can also skip the ribbon and just tape the top.
And they’re not just for the holidays!
I cut mine out of black card stock and added this gorgeous dark floral tissue paper from Michaels, for a beautiful gift box for a house warming gift!
If you’re in the market for a Silhouette machine, there are some amazing deals going on right now!
All my readers get early access to Black Friday sales starting today! Theres’s 40% off supplies and accessories and 50-60% off machines. CLICK HERE and use my code DELIA at checkout, to get the discounts.